Friday, October 21, 2011

Sundaes and Cones

I dont understand life. I don't, I just don't get it. I just want to eat, that will make me feel better. Unfortunately all we have in our dorm is mayonnaise, mustard, and milk - not that I'm knocking any of those things but I'm kind of in the mood for something a little more substantial: peanut butter. I get my fill on that usually. Sometimes I'll dip fruit in my peanut butter or mix it with nutella like a homemade reese's, but better. Yum.
The sad part is I'm not hungry really, I mean I am but I can get on just fine without eating. It's not like I'm going to die, and if I were I would just eat mayonnaise - its good. 
My roommate, went to L'adurĂ©e today. I'm going to link you the website because its the cutest thing I've ever seen ever. http://www.laduree.fr/. click the present, for me, just do it. She bought a box of macaroons for fifteen bucks, because she can do that, because she's rich now. She just got a job tutoring for some loaded kids who live in their own apartment building. their own apartment building. Their dad owns the business underneath which explains why they own the whole building. but still.
I worked all day for the most part, not making nearly as much as my roommate - not that I'm bitter. I bought B grade pizza for lunch. It wreaked of disease, but it was either that or "grade pending" sushi. The choice is obvious. 
I should start getting ready soon but my mind is still on my ice cream, probably because I snagged a few Sundaes and Cones (http://www.sundaescones.com/home.htm) business cards, which are now staring up at me from my desk,  just for the sake of decor on my way out with my cone. Thats a lie, I actually didn't leave the shop - it would have been a crime to do so. Even in the worst most cynically depressed manic suicidal mind states, I can't help but feel that Sundaes and Cones would save my life, like the seal that helped the guy who survived jumping off the golden gate bridge. Sundaes and Cones is my seal. I got pralines and cream today, it was good but I should have gotten cantaloupe. They have that and its an ice cream, not a sorbet. They also have wasabi and corn, and the wasabi is white, which I don't understand. It's kind of an optical illusion actually, because they put the wasabi flavor next to pistachio so you think you're looking at wasabi when really its the white gunk next to it. I'm not fond of their bertie botts flavors but otherwise its the closest thing to perfection I've found in frozen desserts since I've been here, and I'm a block from a gelatto place that turns your ice cream into flowers. They're good too, but it isn't the same. 
I could go for some pasta. 

1 comment: